Being a Christain means that you are on a journey of faith, with many ups and downs. Be reassured that God is with you as you progress on the path of discipleship. Reading the scriptures, and being with a community of fellow disciples can be very encouraging but sometimes we need a little more. Attending Sunday worship, Bible study groups, and conversations can help, however below are some links to websites that are useful and I recommend them to you for further reflection. I have also identified some books, and films for consideration.
TIP. When considering a situation, issue or relationship, whether it is yours or someone else’s, always ask the question ‘ Where is God ? Can I see God working? Can I see justice and love ?
Websites for Nurturing Faith
- re jesus is an extensive website , which includes discussion topics , prayers, quizzes and lots more.
- Sacred Space is an on line prayer community, with many helpful suggestions
- Living spaces is from the Sacred Space Sacred Space website and has daily readings
The United reformed Church has a monthly magazine, REFORM; you can access REFORM from the above link.
Suggested Theological Reading
- Marcus Borg: The God I never knew
- Marcos Borg : Meeting Jesus for the first time
- Brian MacClaren :A new Kind of Christianity
- Ann Morrisey: Beyond the Good Samaritan
- Graham Adams: Christ and the other
- Brian Wren: Which language should I borrow
- Geza Vermes: Jesus the Jew
Suggested Spiritual Reading
- Richard Rohr Falling upwards
- Henri Nouwen
Films for Theological Reflection
- The Kings Speech
- Man Dancin’
- Lars and the real Girl
- Harry Potter films
- War Horse
- The Deer Hunter